Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Asshole Surgeon

This takes the cake. Robert Rey, M.D., the ridiculous plastic surgeon of Doctor 90210, positively crowed about restraining an unruly octogenarian on a plane.

"When you get a black belt, at that stage your brain just clicks into action," the doctor said. "I restrained this gentleman in a very aggressive way without hurting him."

Maybe I'm being too harsh because a.)I'm actually a surgeon in a specialty that matters, and b.)I have a background in non-poser martial arts. Maybe it's because I know some of his erstwhile co-residents at Mayo who allege he was kicked out of residency once. Why couldn't he have said, like a real doctor would have, "we had an elderly person who was confused and I assisted in restraining him," i.e., placing a humane medical face on the event rather than a pathetic attempt to pose as some kind of badass. An act daily carried out in nursing homes across America is converted into farce by this stupid preening poser.

1 Comments:

Blogger K. Pablo said...

hmm, I don't know... that Key West guy sounds kind of cool.

5/31/2006 06:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home