Friday, November 25, 2005

My Thanksgiving Prayer

Okay, my mom surprised me by asking me to say grace at Thanksgiving so I improvised the following prayer: Dear God In Heaven, Thank you for getting us through another year and allowing us to meet at this table today to eat and to give thanks. We are grateful for all of the victories and bountiful treasure that you have bestowed upon us to date. We worship you for visiting despair and death upon our enemies. May you continue to favor us with the sunny side of your infinite power and wisdom, and humbly beseech you to continue raining heinous bad luck and tragic circumstances upon those who oppose us. In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snigger.

Very good.

12/22/2005 07:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Up until the very end of the prayer I swore you were a Muslim...

1/04/2006 02:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home